Sunday, February 25, 2007

When Kela silk makes you famous...


So I spent my lonely weekend watching movies. Guru my friend, is worth the watch. It’s just movies like these that show you 2 things a) Indian cinema has HOPE and can produce meaningful movies without too much of dramatics and b)Mani Ratnam is the best for a reason. His movies are the only ones that have become a must watch and I think he gives all the other wannabe director/producers a run for their money. From Thalapathi to Roja to Yuva/Aayutha Erathu,he’s got the magic happening and guru is just another he can add to his list to accomplishments. I also appreciate the way he has managed to tell the story without taking sides. Abishek Bachan kicked some major chaadi and come to think of it no one could have pulled off a better Gurukant Desai. Special credit must be given to Madhavan. Despite his very limited time on screen he still has a major impact on the audience and the movie as a whole, just like his flawless performance in RDB.This man is one example to show that good looks and a hot body alone does not define a good actor.

I’ll leave you with bits of review that holds my opinions too.

“The area where Rathnam triumphs the most is his objective viewpoint while handling the context of Gurukant Desai’s success. He doesn’t justify or romanticizes the wrong means employed by Guru in moving up. And the final picture that emanates is that of a man who rose to the top to fall and then rise again. But he is not all black. Or all white. He has shades of grey with warts of blemishes. Yet his basic intentions are honest.
Guru’ is a film beyond Box Office. It’s a film which comes your way once in a life time. Not everybody shall like it. For it’s not traditional entertainment. But if cinema is more than mere fun for you, then you shall surely treasure ‘Guru’. For a long time to come.



Like my aunt said “Only intelligent people will be able to appreciate Guru”

I do not think well of plagiarism only because I think its absolutely disgusting to rip off someone else’s piece and shamelessly put your name under it.{See PW does much more good than you’d think..winks}Hence I am letting you know that Faridoon Shahryar is the proud owner of the review i lifted.


Random
I know it’s a breech of professionalism but, the PE teacher in the primary school I am now in ,is unbearably cute{smiles..}

My parents are back..yippiee..and I got a lot of pewasents.

I love Sundays because my ego gets fed without fail.{grins}

3 comments:

Nashima said...

YAP...Guru is definitely worth the watch....Dis you know that Guru is the modern remake of Naayagn??
I loooooved the song "TERE BINA"...smileZzZz.

laa dee da said...

HEY

anything by A R Rehaman is love worthy{smiles..}

Modern remake really?Its way diff from Nayagan though..

c ya arnd

Nashima said...

That was what I read in the media sources...I know both movies have "way difference" but I think both conveys the same message.

Anyway...all the best for your A level results!!! I know you would have done a great job!!***winkZzZz***

Anyway, just an update...A R Rehaman is composing music for the Hindi Ghajini. Tamil Ghajini had Harris Jeyaraj doing the music and one of the ingredients for the movie's success was its music and background score. Now everyone is waiting eagerly on how A.R.Rahman is going to surpass the benchmark set by Harris in Tamil Ghajini. It really has to be the best of best to beat the original track.