Tuesday, March 6, 2007

However,for practical purposes,in a hopelessly practical world....



“They all broke the rules. They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much. “

This is by far the best book I have read .Her writing style, choice of words and a lot more aspects of this book are flawless. I have a special attachment to this book for many reasons and I thoroughly enjoyed my foray into my “grandmother’s” land through this novel.

I always believed that a good book like many other things in life is held to very subjective opinions. As they say “One man’s meat another man’s poison”To read this book or not is completely up to your own discretion.

“It is rare to find a book that so effectively cuts through the clothes of nationality, caste and religion to reveal the bare bones of humanity. A sensational novel”
-Daily telegraph



Random
The whole problem with media is that they tend to over sensationalise issues.

L”hey sha,you should watch the arena and observe a particular judge properly”

Me: ‘why would I want to do that?”

L:” One of them MIGHT actually be your future lecturer”

Brilliant.

2 comments:

Shobi said...

ive read the book before. bloody brilliant. it was recommended by ms choo back in sec sch. LOL.

laa dee da said...

Harlow shobi..

Ahhh..Ms choo and sec sch..