Friday, March 30, 2007

I think therefore I am

Watching Supernanny makes me a tad bit angry sometimes. Why on earth do parents not slap their kids for calling them “you fat bitch”.I know I would.

Are having evil thoughts any superior than committing the very deed itself?
The way I look at it, both are equally undesirable. Like Rene Descartes very wisely said 'I think therefore I am’. The fact that we have consciously allowed such thoughts to develop makes us as guilty as someone who has physically carried out that thought. Whatever the mind can conceive, the will can achieve. As far as I am concerned, there is only a slight nuance of variation. It all comes down to physically carrying out “the” deed.

Actually, come to think of it takes more guts to actually perform the evil deed. No really, I mean the reason we think and not do a rather wrongful deed is simply {maybe not so simply} because we lack the courage to challenge our moral compass. More like fear of the ramification(s) prevents us from undertaking action. Cowardice in this case is a GOOD thing.


There’s always two ways of looking at things. A very simplified example would be the “glass halve empty or halve full” approach. You decide how you want to look at it.

No comments: