Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Never again

I FINALLY got to read Night by Elie Wiesal. It is very hard for anyone who has not survived the Holocaust to relate and understand the essentials of his experiences and I honestly hope no one or no race ever goes through such excruciating torture. Never again.

This is a short excerpt form the preface

"For the survivor who chooses to testify, it is clear: his duty is to bear witness for the dead and for the living. He has no right to deprive future generations of a past that belongs to our collective memory. To forget would be not only dangerous but offensive; to forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time.
SOMETIMES I AM ASKED if I know “the response to Auschwitz”; I answer that not only do I not know it, but that I don’t even know if a tragedy of this magnitude has a response. What I do know is that there is “response” in responsibility. When we speak of this era of evil and darkness, so close and yet so distant, “responsibility” is the key word.

The witness has forced himself to testify. For the youth of today, for the children who will be born tomorrow. He does not want his past to become their future."



I also read the play Talaq by Elangovan and I can see why it created quite a{an unnecessary} stir .I must applaud the man’s audacity for writing and staging such a play. We need more creative individuals like him around.


Random

I finally mustered enough courage to get contact lenses.My JC and close mates will know well enough about my issue with lenses so it is quite a shocker for them and myself too.

I decided to do something completely random with myself so I got my ears pierced for the second time. This is what happens when you become too bored ,you start thinking too much and too randomly.

And I have been itching to get myself tattooed after watching too much Miami Ink.My parents would probably go berserk{understatement} but Haha we’ll see how that comes along.

No comments: