Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Wife?What wife?I have no wife."

Suddenly there is so much of hype surrounding The Arena.I must say I was ecstatic when I saw the trailer for this programme. It had like numerous clips of previous debate competitions and my UNCLE was in there. He represented Victoria at some national debate that was televised on telly a good 20 odd years ago. I think my granny might still have the tape though .Anyways I only managed to watch the last 30 minutes or so because I was busy doing something else{uh hum} and I am mighty impressed with Karthik from R.I..In my opinion he was the best speaker there, he was very articulate and it was very easy to understand him as compared to the others.

To Loyang:A job well done.

I and a friend were discussing general affairs when we got stuck at the topic of adultery. Apparently he knows this couple who recently separated {not “divorced”} because while the wife was in a foreign country the husband was busy “cosying” himself up to another younger prettier lady [what are the odds?] And now he completely regrets it and is desperately asking for{ yes you guessed it} a “second chance” According to him, it was a “mistake” and it was something he did not know how to and could not control{ so they say!}

I still don’t get why they do it. And by “they” I don’t just mean men I am fully aware of women cheating on their partners as well. So I asked why?My only typical and naïve reason is simply the fact that they are not getting were they signed up for. And I asked another friend why do you think people willing and consciously engage themselves in infidelity. Her answer was “maybe it’s just the thrill of doing something you know is wrong and getting away with it” Oh yes she would know wouldn’t she? Coming form a girl who has two timed many guys; I decide to accept her view. Her view was substantiated soon enough. I happened to watch Grey’s Anatomy last night and there was this intern {Grey}who questioned her superior if the only reason he kept coming back for one night flings was because of the “thrill chase” So there..
My aunty also let me in into the very shocking details of what goes on amongst married nurses and doctors in the hospital.

Is marriage still an institution?
I desperately hope so..


I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor

Love is blind and marriage is the institution for the blind.
- James Graham

"A good marriage is that in which each appoints the other guardian of his solitude."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

"There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage."-Martin Luther

No comments: